Lives: New York City
Cellist and composer Julia Kent makes music using layered and processed cello, electronics, and found sounds, creating haunting and evocative soundscapes that range from hushed intimacy to cinematic expansiveness.
After performing and recording as a member of cello group Rasputina and Mercury Prize winners Antony and the Johnsons, she has gone on to release five solo records, most recently on UK label Leaf. In addition to her solo work, she composes for film, theatre, dance, and television.
- Stories From the Sea – Documentary, 2021
- Mrs. D – Short Film, 2020
- Twice Upon a Time – Arte TV series, 2019
- Buried Seeds – Documentary, 2019
- Lindy the Return of Little Light – Documentary, 2019
- The New Pope – TV Series, 2020 (HBO)
- Top Boy – TV Series, 2019 (Netflix)
- Athleta Contender Tight – Commercial, 2019
- Vogue x Neiman Marcus – Commercial, 2019
- The Translators – Film, 2019 (Trésor Films)
- Dandelion – Animation, 2018
- Rumori – Short Film, 2018
- “GLOW” – TV Series (Netflix)