Lives: Burbank, California
Award-winning composer, arranger, and performer Erik Aho has written music for film, television, commercials, and video games. Aho’s feature film credits include the massive 70-minute orchestral score for the feature thriller Magnum Opus, directed by Kevin Elliott. the score for Matt Thompson’s noir-adventure-comdey feature Debunkers and the minimalist score for the independent feature Brown’s Canyon, directed by award-winning Seattle filmmaker and documentarian John Helde.
Aho is co-founder of the commercial music production company WaxLab (www.waxlabmusic.com), whose clients have included Honda, Activision, Adobe, and Nature Made. Erik began his career as an instrumentalist/performer and string-arranger for Brandi Carlile (Columbia), Unwritten Law (Interscope), The Fighting Machinists (Interscope), Longview UK (Columbia), and Default (TVT).
Aho earned a BA in Philosophy from the University of Washington and studied music at Berklee College of Music under the auspices of Gary Burton and at UCLA under former CBS music executive/composer Robert Drasnin. He lives in Burbank, California, with his wife, two daughters, and dog.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” Feature Film (Marvel/Walt Disney)
- “Quantico” – TV Series (ABC)
- “Castle” – TV Series (ABC)
- “The Bachelor” – TV Series (ABC)
- “The Amazing Race” – TV Series (CBS)
- “Family Guy” – TV Series (FOX)
- “American Dad” – TV Series (FOX)
- “The Whispers” – TV Series (ABC)
- “The Challenger” – Short Film
- “Oil & Water” – Documentary